Bridge to Employment (Bridge) is a pre-employment training programme to help you find a job if you are unemployed and over 18, whatever your experience of work.
How the programme works.
The Bridge to Employment programme provides customised training to unemployed people to give them the skills necessary to compete for new employment opportunities. The programmes are run in response to employers with job vacancies.
How to apply
Application forms can be obtained from your local Jobs and Benefits Office or completed on Jobcentreonline after registering.
Curriculum Vitaes (CVs) are not accepted as an application for Bridge to Employment opportunities.
You will be asked to complete an application form and return it to the Jobs and Benefits Office / JobCentre on or before 4.00 pm on the Tuesday 10 September 2019.
If eligible you will be invited to the next stage of the recruitment process which will either be an aptitude test or course interview. Successful applicants will be offered a training place.
If you successfully complete a Bridge to Employment training programme, you will be offered a job interview with Sensée.
When in training you:
- will retain your benefits
- will be reimbursed weekly travel expenses, limited to the cheapest cost of using public transport
- may be eligible for child care allowance
If you're currently receiving Jobseeker's Allowance and take part in the programme, you'll keep your entitlement to Jobseeker's Allowance when the programme
About the Customer Service and Remote Working training
You will complete the training at home and the course is run by South West College.
To complete the training at home you will need:
- A quiet environment conducive to study
- A stable broadband connection
- Access to a desktop computer / laptop computer / iPad
- Webcam - If there isn’t a built-in webcam then a separate webcam will be needed
- Headset / headphones with a microphone
Trainees who successfully complete the programme are:
- Awarded an ILM level 2 Leadership and Team Skills
- Awarded an OCN level 2 IT Users Fundamentals
- Offered a job interview with Sensée